Inking the cover for book one. I’m trying to keep my line art thin and clean. Once I had the rough layout, it took a bit of mind twisting to decide on a final style. I don’t want it coming off as overly comic bookish and at the same time I didn’t want to do a full on painted piece. Mostly because it’s not my strength and also, I didn’t want to stray to far from the interior art.
So here is the beginnings of some clean inking. Already made a color guide so that part shouldn’t be as challenging as it normally is for me.
color test for comic book cover
Testing out some techniques and color guides for the cover. Trying to keep things bright. This is close to the color schemes I want to use on the artwork for the novels. But I think the art for the book covers needs to be tighter and a bit more realistic.
The Conjurers Book One, first draft
So this is what a first draft looks like. At least the hand scribbled part. After the notebooks, I transcribe it all in to the computer, cutting and patching bits as I go. Then I give it one more look, jotting down a few notes of things that need renovating and it’s off to my editor.
There’s lot’s more to be done. Rewrites, cover art and interior art. All of which I am greatly looking forward to.